Discover how we’re celebrating and saving our railroad heritage
Railroads played a key role in the development of communities across the United States and Canada. The debut of the model train in 1830 inspired engineers to develop electric trains devoted to transporting passengers, from which trams, trolleys, and streetcars emerged. Railway museums and tourist railroads interpret this exciting and pivotal history, and provide an opportunity for the public to experience rail travel as it once was.
HeritageRail Alliance fosters these unique preservation efforts through education, research, and the free exchange of information among members and working industry professionals.
Discover how we’re celebrating and saving our railroad heritage by becoming a member, attending a conference or sponsoring our efforts.
HERITAGERAIL AND COVID-19
The HeritageRail Alliance has established this site to provide members with the information regarding the COVID-19 virus pandemic. Goals of this site include:
- Share information related to relief efforts pursued by the American Alliance of Museums, the Association for State and Local History, and others.
- Provide information on United States Federal aid programs.
- Provide information on Canadian Crown and Provincial aid programs.
- Share ideas related to fund raising or special events.
- Providing dates and times of helpful webinars.
- Share recovery plans and organizational status.This webpage is for you and if you have any suggestions, click here to let us know.