Thursday, August 27, 2020
POSITION SUMMARY: Oversees all traffic/depot/train and online ticket sales operations. These include but are not limited to: reservations, window sales, kiosk sales, off-site/satellite sales (Manitou Chamber, CCSCVB, Broadmoor Concierge, etc.), traindispatching and movement, employee scheduling and all other traffic operations.
QUALIFICATIONS: Must have at least three years of management and supervision experience preferably in the tourism/hospitality and attractions industry. Experience in the railway industry preferred. Knowledge of PC’s and basic computer software (Word, Excel, etc.) and hardware is a requirement as is a specific knowledge of ticketing and ticket sales software systems. Two or more years of college are also preferred.
- Oversee daily operations of all traffic and associated outlets (off-site kiosks and vendors) and operations at the Railway.
- Oversee train movement (both on the line and in the depot area, including all switching areas) in a safe, timely and expeditious manner including coordination and cooperation with the Cog Maintenance Shop regarding train and train crew availability.
- Oversee, understand and book train schedules according to demand, seasonality, weather and associated factors.
- Conduct competition analysis and analyze economic trends to determine demand.
- Approve, enter and report (and/or oversee) all required information for complete and timely financial incomes and outlays to Accounting Department.
- Work with group sales representatives to promote, book and ensure quality of experience and appropriate pricing.
- Supervise and train direct ticketing support staff.
- Oversee and participate in the interview and hiring process for employees within jurisdiction
- Recommend and report to General Manager pricing and schedule information.
- Review employees on performance and discipline employees when required.
- Be responsible for and have oversight of any emergency situation involving passenger injuries and/or complaints, computer malfunctions, employee problems, weather situations, passenger train malfunctions, etc.
- Coordinate with Broadmoor Marketing Department on promotional and advertising materials and updates to all websites, print material, social media platforms, public relations opportunities, etc.
- Perform other duties as required.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk and talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee is regularly required to lift up to 10 pounds. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 25 pounds. The vision requirements include: close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Employee may be required to work in train maintenance shop areas where eye and/or hearing protection may be required. Employee may work in close proximity to diesel engines and train horns.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that additional or different tasks be performed when circumstances change (e.g. emergencies, changes in work load, rush jobs, or technological developments).
Work schedule is non-standard. Weekends and holidays required, some night and early morning work may be required. Work load is seasonable with peak work coming in the summer between Memorial Day and Labor Day.
Apply online at:
For more information contact:
Ted R. Johnston, Assistant General Manager
Manitou & Pikes Peak Railway Co.
515 Ruxton Avenue
PO Box 351
Manitou Springs, CO 80829