By Aaron Isaacs, HRA editor
Museums continue to complete restoration projects. Here are the latest.
The big news is the first operation of Northwest Railway Museum’s not-quite-completed Northern Pacific 0-6-0 #924, built by Rogers in 1899 for predecessor St. Paul & Duluth. It pulled its first passengers on November 1. The end of a six-year restoration is approaching. The NP sold the engine in 1925 to Inland Paper in Millwood, Washington. It was donated to the museum in 1969.
The Tennessee Valley Railroad Museum has restored Central of Georgia combine #390, part of the 1947 American Car & Foundry streamliner Nancy Hanks II. It survived as part of the Norfolk Southern steam program, then went to the Western Maryland Scenic.
There is no shortage of Denver & Rio Grande narrow gauge freight cars, but none remain from a pair of Arizona narrow gauges. In order to represent that history, the Arizona State Railroad Museum has restored Rio Grande boxcar #3068 as Magma Arizona #110. Rio Grande stock car #5538 is now United Verde & Pacific #110.